Friday, September 5, 2008

First Day of School Photos

It went surprisingly well!

Here's Lily in her pretty dress. Note her new haircut and her Hello Kitty backpack. She picked out the outfit herself this morning. She's thrilled that the new backpack matches the Hello Kitty lunch box that Aunt Jill gave her a few years ago (I think it was Aunt Jill).





Here she is waiting in line to go to school. You can't see her very well in this picture, but she was very scared! The boy on her left is her friend from daycare -- she's known him since she was 7 months old. They were amusingly relieved to see each other! He looks nervous, too.


Here she is at the end of the day. She's pointing me out to her teacher so she can be released from school.



Here she is on her run to me after they let her leave.



She told me she had a great day and school was fun. She was sad because she only had time to make three friends. One friend is a girl who has a Hello Kitty back pack, but not the same one as she has. She can't remember her new friend's name. She had fun playing outside but got wood chips in her shoes. She worries that there are a bunch of new rules to follow. She seemed most concerned about the rule that you have to first talk to three people that can help you and if they can't help, then ask the teacher. She told me they don't have cubbies, but they have a hook for their back packs (which are required for each student).

Tonight she seemed a little sad and worried. Hopefully having a full week of school will help her settle in a bit more. She's very excited because I told her she can buy her lunch on pizza day!

4 comments:

haddy said...

omg. adorable.

lisa said...

She looks so cute. How much fun to experience that newness all over again....well maybe not.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love these pictures!!

Lily's Grammy

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes!!! I remember Kaleb's first day of school....brought it all back. I admit I'm a sentimental fool!!!!

Carol