Thursday, March 6, 2008

Decluttering Entry No. 1

Well, I haven't done much, but this is what I've gotten rid of so far this month:

4 garbage bags of shoes and clothing donated to Planet Earth
1 garbage bag of toys ready to go to Salvation Army

I also received a postcard from the Boys and Girls Club of America advising that they will be in our area next week. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what they are looking for because I'm certain we have it and want to donate. I have a lot of kitchen items, including dishes and glasses, that could use a new home. It would be awesome if they wanted furniture, but they usually just want clothing and household goods.

My other plan for March decluttering is selling some of my massive Pyrex collection on eBay. I'm going to take some photos tomorrow while the kids are at school. I've already ordered 20 flat rate boxes from the USPS to be delivered within the next 7-10 days. If you don't already know this, you can get a lot of shipping and packaging materials from the USPS delivered right to your home for FREE! All you have to do is register an account at USPS.com. One of the mothers from Lily's ballet class told me about it and I decided to try it out.

So that's the game plan for now. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: