Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Knitting Olympics Update

Things are going well with the knitting olympics. My designated project, the Entrelac Clutch, got finished so quickly that I felt guilty. I started the Lucy Bag, and finished that up over the weekend. Now I'm working on a Pirate Hat (decorated with skulls and crossbones). As of today, I have 7 gifts completed, 2 on the needles and only one that hasn't yet been started.

My goal was to finish everything by December 1, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident that I'll be done by the end of October! I am really looking forward to the end of these projects because I'd like to finish up my Sunrise Circle Jacket, knit a February Lady Sweater, a Koolhaas hat and the Druid Mittens. Gotta get ready for the cold weather! Also, I have yarn in the basket for sweaters for the kids and Jim wants him some felted clogs for around the house. Of course, working on all those projects seems so desirable when I'm in the middle of the Christmas knitting. I'm sure it will feel just as drudge-y when I finally get to it.

Just gotta give a shout out to Becky -- ever since last Tuesday, every time I think of knitting the Koolhaas Hat, I call it the Kool Ass hat. That's one Kool Ass hat!!!

No comments: