Sunday, August 17, 2008

Things You Might Not Know About Me

My sister-in-law sent me a meme e-mail. Normally, I don't answer those, but I thought this one was interesting. I learned a lot about my sister in law that I didn't know! (You can read her blog here).

So, without further ado:

1. WHAT TIME DID YOU GET UP THIS MORNING? 2:00 am when Jack came upstairs and asked us to get up. 4:00 am when Lily came upstairs and asked to get up (both eventually ended up sleeping with me). 8:44 am when Jim kindly let me sleep in after an unusually busy night!

2. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS? Pearls

3. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA? Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull with my Mom. I don't get to the movies much these days!

4. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS? Project Runway, Burn Notice, NCIS and Ghost Hunters, for now.

5. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? Iced tea and a bowl of granola with milk.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Catherine

7. WHAT FOOD DO YOU NOT LIKE? Meat loaf, green peppers, most citrus fruits, raspberries and blackberries, peaches with the skin on, honey-baked ham or any ham with sweet glazing on it.... The list goes on, I have a lot of peculiar food things going on.

8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM? This is hard, because it's not often that I like a whole album. Most recently, it would be Evanescence.

9. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? A red Honda CRV named, appropriately, "Reddy."

10. FAVORITE SANDWICH? Falafel and hummus with tomatoes and lettuce on a pita bread.

11. WHAT CHARACTERISTIC DO YOU DESPISE? Deceitfulness.

12. FAVORITE ITEM OF CLOTHING? My lime green Keene sandals.

13. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Scotland, particularly the Isle of Skye.

14. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM? Pink. Ugh.

15. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? For work, Talbot's. For play, anything I kind find on sale at Kohl's or WalMart.

16. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO? Anywhere with an ocean view.

17. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Hockey.

18. FURTHEST PLACE YOU ARE SENDING THIS? Based on my Google Analytics report, this could be read as far away as Australia, if my Australian readership is still checking in! Shout out to Australia!

19. WHO DO YOU LEAST EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No one, because I'm not sending it out, I'm just posting it here.

20. PERSON YOU EXPECT TO SEND IT BACK FIRST? No one, see above!

21. FAVORITE SAYING: Suck it up, Buttercup.


22. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? May 12

23. ARE YOU A MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON? Night.

24. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? 9

25. PETS? Oskar and Magdala (Maggie), our two cats.

26. ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? I only have 3 more Christmas gifts to knit!

27. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE? Miss America or the President of the United States. You can all see how that turned out.

28. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? Sleep deprived.

29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Licorice pastilles.

30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? White roses.

31. WHAT IS A DAY ON THE CALENDAR YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO? September 20, the day we fly to North Carolina for our annual beach vacation in Emerald Isle.

32. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Wendy Catherine

33. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My son talking to himself while playing with a green water rescue matchbox truck.

34. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Iced tea and a bowl of ginger and almond granola with milk.

35. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Yes, whenever I get the chance.

36. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Almost any shade of blue.

37. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Sunny and, for the moment, no thunder storms in sight.

38. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK? Diet Coke

39. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? Sandrine's in Cambridge

40. SIBLINGS? 1

41. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Christmas

42. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Raggedy Ann (I still have her!)

43. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, definitely. It's sweater weather!

44. HUGS OR KISSES? Don't make me choose.

45. COFFEE OR TEA? Tea, preferably iced.

46. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla.

47. YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO E-MAIL YOU BACK? Only if they feel like it.

48. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I can't remember the last time I truly cried, but the last time I almost cried (out of frustration) was when I couldn't figure out the entrelac bag instructions!

49. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? The parts that make up the top bed on Lily's bunk bed. We're not using them right now.

50. WHO IS THE FRIEND YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST? Chuck. We're going on 15 years this year.

51. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? I watched "Pride and Prejudice" (the 2005 movie version) and worked on the Lucy Bag I'm making as a Christmas present.

52. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? Poverty and death.

53. SALTY OR SWEET? Salty. And yet, I fear that too much salt will kick me into another heart failure....

54. HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR RING? Good lord! At least six. I'm too lazy to go get me keys and count them.

55. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Monday. I can like Monday now that I'm not working.

57. HOW MANY TOWNS HAVE YOU LIVED IN? 11.

58. DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS EASILY? If I force myself to get out there and meet people, I do.

59. HOW MANY WILL RESPOND? Who knows? I'm issuing a challenge to my blogging friends -- put this meme on your blog and tell me some things I might not know about you!

No comments: