Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Knitting Olympics

Initially, I said I wouldn't join the Ravelympics. What is the Ravelympics? Basically, you pick a challenging project, cast it on on opening day (August 8) and try to complete it by the closing ceremony (8/24). Yes, I do have quite a list of Christmas projects to get done, but I didn't want to put myself under too much pressure.

Then, Butterfly Yarns (link in side bar) offered its own Olympic Challenge. In fact, I think it was originally suggested by Knitty McGillicutty, one of the knitters at the Tuesday Night Knitting Group at Butterfly Yarns. I swore I would only participate if there was a Special Olympics for Pressure Challenged Knitters. Sadly, no one was willing to accommodate my aversion to time limited knitting.

Last night, when everyone was talking about their new projects and the Olympics, I got sucked in by the joinitis and signed up for an event (Felted Freestyle). I have been itching to cast on the Entrelac Bag, so I figured, what the hell, I need to knit the bag for my Christmas Gift Marathon of Knitting anyway, why not join in the Ravelympic fun? If I make it, I will get a badge for my blog! Woo hoo!

My goal is to try and finish up the Pinwheel before I cast on the bag, so I really have to get going on that.

1 comment:

haddy said...

Dude. The Special Olympics for Pressure Challenged Knitters?! I'm totally ALL for that. I'm so special that I completely forgot and cast on my project last night. Not to mention that I cast on a new project when I signed up to work on WIPs. Who's special now?