Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Lily and Jack Stand Up Hour

The kids were quite entertaining this evening. I'm proud to introduce the following jokes as told by Lily:

L: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
L: Ivan
Me: Ivan who?
L: Ivan working on the railroad all the day! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Jack: (sings made up words and laughs)

L: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
L: Banana
Me: Banana who?
L: Hello, I'm an orange! Squeeze my juice please! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Jack: Orange! Orange! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

L: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
L: Kitty
Me: Kitty who?
L: Kitty let me in the door and don't slam it on me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Jack: Slam door! Slam door! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

As well as being Lily's biggest fan and imitator, Jack has also been doing a terrific impersonation of Michael Jackson all evening. He took one of his navy blue and green stripped mittens, which he refers to as a "hand," and has been wearing it on his left hand all evening. He even ate dinner while holding his fork in the mittened hand (notably, he hasn't managed to get his thumb into the thumb hole, so I found his fork handling pretty impressive). He refuses to take it off.

Oh yeah, Jim performed a little comedy routine earlier in the day. While I was in court, Jim dressed Jack. When I got home, Jim left to go into work and I took Jack's shoes off to get him ready for a diaper change and a nap. Jack was wearing forest green socks that I'd never seen before. I was wondering where they came from as I pulled them off, which is when I realized that Jim had put a pair of my cotton peds on Jack. You know how hard it is to tell the difference between a pair of Women's size 9-10 peds and a pair of Toddler size 6 socks....NOT. When I asked Jim about it this evening, he said "I thought they seemed a little big." I would like to state for the record that Jack had an entire package of brand new socks in his clothing drawer and my peds were downstairs on the folding table, so I'm really unclear on how this happened.

No comments: