Monday, January 7, 2008

Still Sick at My House

Jim got sick in the middle of the night, and Jack started throwing up this morning. Lily seems to be fine now, so she went to school. I'm suffering from a chest cold, but so far I'm staving off the stomach virus.

Jack got much better after he napped this morning, and is now running around the living room playing with his trucks and hot wheels. I had to go into the kitchen for something, and I told him "Don't do anything naughty while I'm gone." As I stepped out of his sight, he kept repeating "anything naughty!" over and over again. Then I heard some crashes, so I ran back into the room. He was dropping everything he could find behind the couch. Perhaps this explains the large number of items I keep finding there!!!!

Lily asked me more questions about God on the way to school this morning. She asked again if God had any pets, and I told her he had all the pets who went to Heaven. Then she asked if the cats took turns sitting in his lap. I told her that God was so big, all the cats could sit in his lap at one time. We then had this conversation:

Lily: "Is he bigger than those trees?"

Me: "He's bigger than the whole world, because he made the world."

Lily: "Are we in his stomach?"

M: No, but we are all a part of God and God is a part of all of us.

L: He must be humungo! Did he make that house?

M: Yes.

L: Did he make me?

M: Yes. He made everything in the world.

L: Did he make all the worlds? (To Lily, a "world" can mean a different town or country)

M: Yes. And he did it in 6 days.

L: That was so fast!

M: On the seventh day he rested.

L: He was probably tired out.

M: Probably.

Then we got to school. I asked her if she wanted to go to church some time.

L: No. I don't want to go to church.

M: But at church you can hear people talk about God.

L: I already know about God.

M: They sing songs about God there, too.

L: No thanks!

I'm really curious what is making her ask all these questions lately!

No comments: