Friday, January 25, 2008

May Today Be a Better Day

Yesterday evening was rough. Jack knocked an entire glass of milk onto the kitchen floor and then later used his broom as a bat and took swing at my glass of iced tea on the table. It went flying and the glass broke into a million pieces. Did I mention that he broke three of these glass last week by throwing them on the floor? No? Did I mention that I had just replaced said three glass yesterday morning at IKEA? Yep. Now I am one glass short. Again.

While the whole iced tea/glass mess was going on in the dining room, Lily was in the kitchen kicking the basement door with her heels and screaming "Argue! Argue! Argue!" over and over at the top of her lungs. What, that seems odd to you? Let me explain. Lily got mad on the way home from school because I told her that I bought bins to organize the clothes in her closet. See? Doesn't that explain the 45 minute temper tantrum that led to her time out in the kitchen? Seriously, what kind of a mother would buy bins and organize clothes? Making it so one can look in the shirt bin and, lo, find a shirt! is just EVIL. And mean.

Annnnnnyway... the evening was difficult. This morning, at 9:11 am, all appears to be calm so far. I'm a little nervous that things will degenerate into the hell that was last night. Will keep you all posted.

No comments: