Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Now I'm Sick...

Lest anyone think I'm not keeping up on my blog, I just wanted to let you know I'm getting slowed down by my cold/flu/infection or whatever it is I have going on right now. Jim was recovered from his illness by Tuesday, and Lily and Jack both seem fine (although Lily still has a croupy cough). I can't seem to shake the sickness I've had since last week, probably due to the fact that Jim feels he's "taken enough time off from work lately" and can't help me with the kids this week. As a result, it's difficult for me to get much rest.

So, today my neighbor Beth took Lily to ballet and kept her at her house to play with her friend Emma so that I could take a real nap this afternoon while Jack slept. That was nice, and I feel much better this evening as a result. Jim was supposed to be home at 3:30 to give me a break, but he ended up walking in at 5:30, so Beth really did me a favor keeping Lily all that time (11:45-5:30). Once Jim got home, she invited both kids over for a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. Jim took Jack over there so I have a bit of quiet time to myself.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, and I'm actually hoping that whatever I have can be treated with antibiotics so I can get rid of it quickly. We'll see.

Lily had a terrific day at her friend Emma's and I found out her ballet costume will be ready soon! It sounds like they will be dressed as little Santas, but since this is based on a 4 year old's description, I'll have to wait until next Wednesday to see what it really looks like.

If anyone is interested in attending Lily's first ballet recital, it will be on Sunday, May 18th. According to the newsletter Lily brought home, there will be a lottery for the tickets. I have no idea why. This is what the newsletter says (all grammatical and punctuation errors are in the original):

Recital tickets are done by a lottery, starting Monday, January 28th - February 2nd students will be able to pick a number out of a jar and we will record that number next to your name on our studio roster. This will be the order your tickets are pulled for the lottery. In April you will pick up a recital ticket order form, with your name and number on it. You fill out how many tickets you need and for which show and hand it in paid in full. You will be able to pick them up at the front desk starting April 28th -- May 3rd. Any tickets still available will be on sale starting May 4th.

I have a few questions about this information:

(1) Why is a lottery necessary? Is it because there are a limited amount of tickets available? Or does it have to do with where your seat is in the audience?

(2) I have to PAY for my tickets? Whaaaaat? I'm paying for her lessons and the costume (quite a bit for the costume, actually). I hope at least two tickets are comped and I'm only paying for additional seats.

If you want to attend, please let me know before April 1st so that I can put in my order.

No comments: